Meaning of Marshall
Pronunciation: (mär'shul), [key]
- 1842–1924, English economist.
- 1880–1959, U.S. general and statesman: Secretary of State 1947–49; Nobel peace prize 1953.
- 1755–1835, U.S. jurist and statesman: Chief Justice of the U.S. 1801–35.
- 1854–1925, vice president of the U.S. 1913–21.
- 1908–93, U.S. jurist: associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court 1967–91.
- a city in NE Texas. 24,921.
- a town in central Missouri. 12,781.
- a town in SW Minnesota. 11,161.
- a male given name.
- Marshall (Thesaurus)