WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Marshall, E. G. Marshall
- usage: United States actor (1914-1998)
- 2. Marshall, George Marshall, George Catlett Marshall
- usage: United States general and statesman who as Secretary of State organized the European Recovery Program (1880-1959)
- 3. Marshall, John Marshall
- usage: United States jurist; as chief justice of the Supreme Court he established the principles of United States constitutional law (1755-1835)
- 4. marshal, marshall, commissioned military officer
- usage: (in some countries) a military officer of highest rank
- 5. marshal, marshall, lawman, law officer, peace officer
- usage: a law officer having duties similar to those of a sheriff in carrying out the judgments of a court of law
All rights reserved.
See also: marshall (Dictionary)