Meaning of manual
Pronunciation: (man'y-ul), [key]
- done, operated, worked, etc., by the hand or hands rather than by an electrical or electronic device: a manual gearshift.
- involving or using human effort, skill, power, energy, etc.; physical: manual labor.
- of or pertaining to the hand or hands: manual deformities.
- of the nature of a manual or handbook: manual instructions.
- a small book, esp. one giving information or instructions: a manual of mathematical tables.
- a nonelectric or nonelectronic typewriter; a typewriter whose keys and carriage may be powered solely by the typist's hands.
- the prescribed drill in handling a rifle: the manual of arms.
- a keyboard, esp. one of several belonging to a pipe organ.
- manual (Thesaurus)