manifest: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (man'u-fest"), [key]
- readily perceived by the eye or the understanding; evident; obvious; apparent; plain: a manifest error.
- of or pertaining to conscious feelings, ideas, and impulses that contain repressed psychic material: the manifest content of a dream as opposed to the latent content that it conceals.
- to make clear or evident to the eye or the understanding; show plainly: He manifested his approval with a hearty laugh.
- to prove; put beyond doubt or question: The evidence manifests the guilt of the defendant.
- to record in a ship's manifest.
- a list of the cargo carried by a ship, made for the use of various agents and officials at the ports of destination.
- a list or invoice of goods transported by truck or train.
- a list of the cargo or passengers carried on an airplane.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.