Synonyms of manifest
- 1. manifest, legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
- usage: a customs document listing the contents put on a ship or plane
- 1. attest, certify, manifest, demonstrate, evidence, testify, bear witness, prove, evidence, show
- usage: provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes; "His high fever attested to his illness"; "The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication"; "This decision demonstrates his sense of fairness"
- 2. manifest, record, enter, put down
- usage: record in a ship's manifest; "each passenger must be manifested"
- 3. manifest, appear
- usage: reveal its presence or make an appearance; "the ghost manifests each year on the same day"
- 1. apparent, evident, manifest, patent, plain, unmistakable, obvious (vs. unobvious)
- usage: clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment; "the effects of the drought are apparent to anyone who sees the parched fields"; "evident hostility"; "manifest disapproval"; "patent advantages"; "made his meaning plain"; "it is plain that he is no reactionary"; "in plain view"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of manifest (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.