Meaning of lull
Pronunciation: (lul), [key]
- to put to sleep or rest by soothing means: to lull a child by singing.
- to soothe or quiet.
- to give or lead to feel a false sense of safety; cause to be less alert, aware, or watchful.
- to quiet down, let up, or subside: furious activity that finally lulled.
- a temporary calm, quiet, or stillness: a lull in a storm.
- a soothing sound: the lull of falling waters.
- a pacified or stupefied condition: The drug had put him in a lull.
- lull (Thesaurus)