- 1. letup, lull, pause, intermission, break, interruption, suspension
- usage: a pause during which things are calm or activities are diminished; "there was never a letup in the noise"
- 2. lull, quiet, calmness
- usage: a period of calm weather; "there was a lull in the storm"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lull, calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still
- usage: calm by deception; "Don't let yourself be lulled into a false state of security"
- 2. lull, calm down, hush, quieten, silence, still, shut up, hush up
- usage: become quiet or less intensive; "the fighting lulled for a moment"
- 3. calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still, comfort, soothe, console, solace
- usage: make calm or still; "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
All rights reserved.
See also: lull (Dictionary)