library: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lī'brer"ē, -bru-rē, -brē), [key]
— pl. -brar•ies.
- a place set apart to contain books, periodicals, and other material for reading, viewing, listening, study, or reference, as a room, set of rooms, or building where books may be read or borrowed.
- a public body organizing and maintaining such an establishment.
- a collection of manuscripts, publications, and other materials for reading, viewing, listening, study, or reference.
- a collection of any materials for study and enjoyment, as films, musical recordings, or maps.
- a commercial establishment lending books for a fixed charge; a lending library.
- a series of books of similar character or alike in size, binding, etc., issued by a single publishing house.
- a collection of standard materials or formulations by which specimens are identified.
- canon (def. 9).
- a collection of software or data usually reflecting a specific theme or application.
- library (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.