Meaning of landscape
Pronunciation: (land'skāp"), [key]
— n., v., -scaped, -scap•ing.
- a section or expanse of rural scenery, usually extensive, that can be seen from a single viewpoint.
- a picture representing natural inland or coastal scenery.
- the category of aesthetic subject matter in which natural scenery is represented.
- a panoramic view of scenery; vista.
- to improve the appearance of (an area of land, a highway, etc.), as by planting trees, shrubs, or grass, or altering the contours of the ground.
- to improve the landscape of.
- to do landscape gardening as a profession.
- landscape (Thesaurus)