Meaning of kindred
Pronunciation: (kin'drid), [key]
- a person's relatives collectively; kinfolk; kin.
- a group of persons related to another; family, tribe, or race.
- relationship by birth or descent, or sometimes by marriage; kinship.
- natural relationship; affinity.
- associated by origin, nature, qualities, etc.: kindred languages.
- having the same belief, attitude, or feeling: We are kindred spirits on the issue of gun control.
- related by birth or descent; having kinship: kindred tribes.
- belonging to kin or relatives: kindred blood.
- kindred (Thesaurus)