kin: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kin), [key]
- a person's relatives collectively; kinfolk.
- family relationship or kinship.
- a group of persons descended from a common ancestor or constituting a family, clan, tribe, or race.
- a relative or kinsman.
- someone or something of the same or similar kind: philosophy and its kin, theology.
- of the same family; related; akin: Although their surnames are identical they are not of kin.
- of the same family; related; akin.
- of the same kind or nature; having affinity.
- a diminutive suffix of nouns: lambkin.
- kin (Thesaurus)