Meaning of justification
Pronunciation: ( jus"tu-fi-kā'shun), [key]
- a reason, fact, circumstance, or explanation that justifies or defends: His insulting you was ample justification for you to leave the party.
- an act of justifying: The painter's justification of his failure to finish on time didn't impress me.
- the state of being justified.
- Also calledthe act of God whereby humankind is made or accounted just, or free from guilt or penalty of sin.
- the spacing of words and letters within a line of type so that all full lines in a column have even margins both on the left and on the right.
- justification (Thesaurus)