WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. justification, circumstance, condition, consideration
- usage: something (such as a fact or circumstance) that shows an action to be reasonable or necessary; "he considered misrule a justification for revolution"
- 2. justification, explanation, account
- usage: a statement in explanation of some action or belief
- 3. justification, vindication, exoneration
- usage: the act of defending or explaining or making excuses for by reasoning; "the justification of barbarous means by holy ends"- H.J.Muller
All rights reserved.
See also: justification (Dictionary)