Meaning of item
Pronunciation: (n., v.ī'tumadv.ī'tem), [key]
- a separate article or particular: 50 items on the list.
- a separate piece of information or news, as a short piece in a newspaper or broadcast.
- something suitable for a news paragraph or as a topic of gossip, esp. something that is sensational or scandalous: The bandleader and the new female singer are an item.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter I.
- an admonition or warning.
- an intimation or hint.
- also; likewise (used esp. to introduce each article or statement in a list or series).
- item (Thesaurus)