- 1. item, point, part, portion, component part, component, constituent
- usage: a distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list; "he noticed an item in the New York Times"; "she had several items on her shopping list"; "the main point on the agenda was taken up first"
- 2. detail, particular, item, part, portion, component part, component, constituent
- usage: a small part that can be considered separately from the whole; "it was perfect in all details"
- 3. item, whole, unit
- usage: a whole individual unit; especially when included in a list or collection; "they reduced the price on many items"
- 4. detail, item, point, fact
- usage: an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole; "several of the details are similar"; "a point of information"
- 5. token, item, symbol
- usage: an individual instance of a type of symbol; "the word`error' contains three tokens of `r'"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. item
- usage: (used when listing or enumerating items) also; "a length of chain, item a hook"-Philip Guedalla
All rights reserved.
See also: item (Dictionary)