investment: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in-vest'munt), [key]
- the investing of money or capital in order to gain profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.
- a particular instance or mode of investing.
- a thing invested in, as a business, a quantity of shares of stock, etc.
- something that is invested; sum invested.
- the act or fact of investing or state of being invested, as with a garment.
- a devoting, using, or giving of time, talent, emotional energy, etc., as for a purpose or to achieve something: His investment in the project included more time than he cared to remember.
- any covering, coating, outer layer, or integument, as of an animal or vegetable.
- the act of investing with a quality, attribute, etc.
- investiture with an office, dignity, or right.
- a siege or blockade; the surrounding of a place with military forces or works, as in besieging.
- Also calleda refractory material applied in a plastic state to a pattern to make a mold.
- a garment or vestment.
- investment (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.