WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. investing, investment, finance
- usage: the act of investing; laying out money or capital in an enterprise with the expectation of profit
- 2. investment, investment funds, assets
- usage: money that is invested with an expectation of profit
- 3. investment, committedness, commitment
- usage: the commitment of something other than money (time, energy, or effort) to a project with the expectation of some worthwhile result; "this job calls for the investment of some hard thinking"; "he made an emotional investment in the work"
- 4. investment, skin, tegument, cutis
- usage: outer layer or covering of an organ or part or organism
- 5. investment, dressing, grooming
- usage: the act of putting on robes or vestments
- 6. investment, investiture, promotion
- usage: the ceremonial act of clothing someone in the insignia of an office; the formal promotion of a person to an office or rank
All rights reserved.
See also: investment (Dictionary)