Meaning of interview
Pronunciation: (in'tur-vy"), [key]
- a formal meeting in which one or more persons question, consult, or evaluate another person: a job interview.
- a meeting or conversation in which a writer or reporter asks questions of one or more persons from whom material is sought for a newspaper story, television broadcast, etc.
- the report of such a conversation or meeting.
- to have an interview with in order to question, consult, or evaluate: to interview a job applicant; to interview the president.
- to have an interview; be interviewed (sometimes fol. by with): She interviewed with eight companies before accepting a job.
- to give or conduct an interview: to interview to fill job openings.
- interview (Thesaurus)