Meaning of insensible
Pronunciation: (in-sen'su-bul), [key]
- incapable of feeling or perceiving; deprived of sensation; unconscious, as a person after a violent blow.
- without or not subject to a particular feeling or sensation: insensible to shame; insensible to the cold.
- unaware; unconscious; inappreciative: We are not insensible of your kindness.
- not perceptible by the senses; imperceptible: insensible transitions.
- unresponsive in feeling.
- not susceptible of emotion or passion; void of any feeling.
- not endowed with feeling or sensation, as matter; inanimate.
- insensible (Thesaurus)