WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. insensible (vs. sensible), anesthetic(prenominal), anaesthetic(prenominal), asleep(predicate), benumbed, numb, insensitive, insensitive, unaware#1, incognizant, unconscious
- usage: incapable of physical sensation; "insensible to pain"; "insensible earth"
- 2. insensible(predicate), unaffected(predicate), insensitive (vs. sensitive)
- usage: unaware of or indifferent to; "insensible to the suffering around him"
- 3. indiscernible, insensible, undetectable, imperceptible (vs. perceptible), unperceivable
- usage: barely able to be perceived; "the transition was almost indiscernible"; "an almost insensible change"
- 4. insensible, senseless, unconscious (vs. conscious)
- usage: unresponsive to stimulation; "he lay insensible where he had fallen"; "drugged and senseless"
All rights reserved.
See also: insensible (Dictionary)