Meaning of inscribe
Pronunciation: (in-skrīb'), [key]
— -scribed, -scrib•ing.
- to address or dedicate (a book, photograph, etc.) informally to a person, esp. by writing a brief personal note in or on it.
- to mark (a surface) with words, characters, etc., esp. in a durable or conspicuous way.
- to write, print, mark, or engrave (words, characters, etc.).
- to enroll, as on an official list.
- to draw or delineate (one figure) within another figure so that the inner lies entirely within the boundary of the outer, touching it at as many points as possible: to inscribe a circle in a square.
- to issue (a loan) in the form of shares with registered stockholders.
- to sell (stocks).
- to buy (stocks).
- inscribe (Thesaurus)