WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scratch, engrave, grave, inscribe, carve, chip at
- usage: carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface; "engrave a pen"; "engraved the trophy cupt with the winner's"; "the lovers scratched their names into the bark of the tree"
- 2. enroll, inscribe, enter, enrol, recruit, register
- usage: register formally as a participant or member; "The party recruited many new members"
- 3. inscribe, trace, draw, line, describe, delineate
- usage: draw within a figure so as to touch in as many places as possible
- 4. inscribe, record, enter, put down
- usage: write, engrave, or print as a lasting record
- 5. autograph, inscribe, sign
- usage: mark with one's signature; "The author autographed his book"
- 6. code, encipher, cipher, cypher, encrypt, inscribe, write in code, encode
- usage: convert ordinary language into code; "We should encode the message for security reasons"
- 7. inscribe, dedicate
- usage: address, (a work of literature) in a style less formal than a dedication
All rights reserved.
See also: inscribe (Dictionary)