Meaning of improve
Pronunciation: (im-prv'), [key]
— v., -proved, -prov•ing.
- to bring into a more desirable or excellent condition: He took vitamins to improve his health.
- to make (land) more useful, profitable, or valuable by enclosure, cultivation, etc.
- to increase the value of (real property) by betterments, as the construction of buildings and sewers.
- to make good use of; turn to account: He improved the stopover by seeing a client with offices there.
- to increase in value, excellence, etc.; become better: The military situation is improving.
- to make improvements, as by revision, addition, or change: None of the younger violinists have been able to improve on his interpretation of that work.
- improve (Thesaurus)