Meaning of harvest
Pronunciation: (här'vist), [key]
- the gathering of crops.
- the season when ripened crops are gathered.
- a crop or yield of one growing season.
- a supply of anything gathered at maturity and stored: a harvest of wheat.
- the result or consequence of any act, process, or event: The journey yielded a harvest of wonderful memories.
- to gather (a crop or the like); reap.
- to gather the crop from: to harvest the fields.
- to gain, win, acquire, or use (a prize, product, or result of any past act, process, plan, etc.).
- to catch, take, or remove for use: Fishermen harvested hundreds of salmon from the river.
- to gather a crop; reap.
- harvest (Thesaurus)