Meaning of glow
Pronunciation: (glō), [key]
- a light emitted by or as if by a substance heated to luminosity; incandescence.
- brightness of color.
- a sensation or state of bodily heat.
- a warm, ruddy color of the cheeks.
- warmth of emotion or passion; ardor.
- to emit bright light and heat without flame; become incandescent.
- to shine like something intensely heated.
- to exhibit a strong, bright color; be lustrously red or brilliant.
- (of the cheeks) to exhibit a healthy, warm, ruddy color.
- to become or feel very warm or hot.
- to show emotion or elation: to glow with pride.
- glow (Thesaurus)