- 1. freshness, glow, good health, healthiness
- usage: an alert and refreshed state
- 2. luminescence, glow, luminosity, brightness, brightness level, luminance, luminousness, light
- usage: light from nonthermal sources
- 3. incandescence, glow, light, visible light, visible radiation
- usage: the phenomenon of light emission by a body as its temperature is raised
- 4. glow, feeling
- usage: a feeling of considerable warmth; "the glow of new love"; "a glow of regret"
- 5. glow, light, visible light, visible radiation
- usage: a steady even light without flames
- 6. radiance, glow, glowing, light, visible light, visible radiation
- usage: the amount of electromagnetic radiation leaving or arriving at a point on a surface
- 7. gleam, gleaming, glow, lambency, radiance, radiancy, shine, effulgence, refulgence, refulgency
- usage: an appearance of reflected light
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. glow, radiate
- usage: emit a steady even light without flames; "The fireflies were glowing and flying about in the garden"
- 2. glow, beam, radiate, shine, look, appear, seem
- usage: have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink; "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
- 3. burn, glow, shine, beam
- usage: shine intensely, as if with heat; "The coals were glowing in the dark"; "The candles were burning"
- 4. glow, feel, experience
- usage: be exuberant or high-spirited; "Make the people's hearts glow"
- 5. glow, beam, radiate, shine, feel, experience
- usage: experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion; "She was beaming with joy"; "Her face radiated with happiness"
All rights reserved.
See also: glow (Dictionary)