generic: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: ( ju-ner'ik), [key]
- of, applicable to, or referring to all the members of a genus, class, group, or kind; general.
- of, pertaining to, or noting a genus, esp. in biology.
- (of a word) applicable or referring to both men and women: a generic pronoun.
- not protected by trademark registration: “Cola” and “shuttle” are generic terms.
- a generic term.
- any product, as a type of food, drug, or cosmetic commonly marketed under a brand name, that is sold in a package without a brand.
- a wine made from two or more varieties of grapes, with no one grape constituting more than half the product (distinguished from varietal).
- generic (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.