- 1. generic, generic wine, wine, vino
- usage: a wine that is a blend of several varieties of grapes with no one grape predominating; a wine that does not carry the name of any specific grape
- 2. generic, merchandise, ware, product
- usage: any product that can be sold without a brand name
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. generic
- usage: relating to or common to or descriptive of all members of a genus; "the generic name"
- 2. generic, nonproprietary (vs. proprietary)
- usage: (of drugs) not protected by trademark; "`Acetaminophen' is the generic form of the proprietary drug `Tylenol'"
- 3. generic, general (vs. specific)
- usage: applicable to an entire class or group; "is there a generic Asian mind?"
All rights reserved.
See also: generic (Dictionary)