Meaning of gallop
Pronunciation: (gal'up), [key]
- to ride a horse at a gallop; ride at full speed: They galloped off to meet their friends.
- to run rapidly by leaps, as a horse; go at a gallop.
- to go fast, race, or hurry, as a person or time.
- to cause (a horse or other animal) to gallop.
- a fast gait of the horse or other quadruped in which, in the course of each stride, all four feet are off the ground at once.
- a run or ride at this gait.
- a rapid rate of going.
- a period of going rapidly.
- gallop (Thesaurus)