gall: Meaning and Definition of
- impudence; effrontery.
- bile, esp. that of an animal.
- something bitter or severe.
- bitterness of spirit; rancor.
- bitterness of spirit; deep resentment.
- to make sore by rubbing; chafe severely: The saddle galled the horse's back.
- to vex or irritate greatly: His arrogant manner galls me.
- to be or become chafed.
- (of either of two engaging metal parts) to lose metal to the other because of heat or molecular attraction resulting from friction.
- (of a die or compact in powder metallurgy) to lose surface material through adhesion to the die.
- a sore on the skin, esp. of a horse, due to rubbing; excoriation.
- something very vexing or irritating.
- a state of vexation or irritation.
- any abnormal vegetable growth or excrescence on plants, caused by various agents, as insects, nematodes, fungi, bacteria, viruses, chemicals, and mechanical injuries.
- 1840?–94, leader of the Hunkpapa Sioux: a major chief in the battle of Little Bighorn.
- gall (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.