- 1. saddle sore, gall, animal disease
- usage: an open sore on the back of a horse caused by ill-fitting or badly adjusted saddle
- 2. gall, sore
- usage: a skin sore caused by chafing
- 3. gall, plant tissue
- usage: abnormal swelling of plant tissue caused by insects or microorganisms or injury
- 4. resentment, bitterness, gall, rancor, rancour, hostility, enmity, ill will
- usage: a feeling of deep and bitter anger and ill-will
- 5. bile, gall, digestive juice, digestive fluid
- usage: a digestive juice secreted by the liver and stored in the gallbladder; aids in the digestion of fats
- 6. crust, gall, impertinence, impudence, insolence, cheekiness, freshness, discourtesy, rudeness
- usage: the trait of being rude and impertinent; inclined to take liberties
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chafe, gall, fret, irritate
- usage: become or make sore by or as if by rubbing
- 2. gall, irk, anger
- usage: irritate or vex; "It galls me that we lost the suit"
All rights reserved.
See also: gall (Dictionary)