foreign: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fôr'in, for'-), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or derived from another country or nation; not native: foreign cars.
- of or pertaining to contact or dealings with other countries; connected with foreign affairs.
- external to one's own country or nation: a foreign country.
- carried on abroad, or with other countries: foreign trade.
- belonging to or coming from another district, province, etc.
- located outside a specific district, province, etc.
- of or pertaining to law outside of local jurisdiction.
- of or pertaining to another jurisdiction, as of another nation or state.
- belonging to or proceeding from other persons or things: a statement supported by foreign testimony.
- not belonging to the place or body where found: foreign matter in a chemical mixture.
- not related to or connected with the thing under consideration: foreign to our discussion.
- alien in character; irrelevant or inappropriate; remote.
- strange or unfamiliar.
- foreign (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.