foliation: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fō"lē-ā'shun), [key]
- the act or process of putting forth leaves.
- the state of being in leaf.
- the arrangement of leaves within a bud.
- the arrangement of leaves on a plant.
- leaves or foliage.
- the consecutive numbering of the folios or leaves, as distinguished from pages, of a manuscript or book.
- the total number of such leaves.
- a form of lamination produced in rocks by metamorphism.
- ornamentation with foliage, or an arrangement of foliage.
- ornamentation with foils.
- ornamentation with representations of foliage.
- formation into thin sheets.
- the application of foil to glass to make a mirror.
- foliation (Thesaurus)