WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. foliation, leafing, growth, growing, maturation, development, ontogeny, ontogenesis
- usage: (botany) the process of forming leaves
- 2. foliation, stratification
- usage: (geology) the arrangement of leaflike layers in a rock
- 3. foliation, foliage, architectural ornament
- usage: (architecture) leaf-like architectural ornament
- 4. foliation, production
- usage: the production of foil by cutting or beating metal into thin leaves
- 5. foliation, application, coating, covering
- usage: the work of coating glass with metal foil
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of foliation (Dictionary)