feeder: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fē'dur), [key]
- a person or thing that supplies food or feeds something.
- a bin or boxlike device from which farm animals may eat, esp. such a device designed to allow a number of chickens to feed simultaneously or to release a specific amount of feed at regular intervals.
- a person or thing that takes food or nourishment.
- a livestock animal that is fed an enriched diet to fatten it for market. Cf. stocker (def. 2).
- a person or device that feeds a machine, printing press, etc.
- a tributary stream.
- bird feeder.
- a conductor, or group of conductors, connecting primary equipment in an electric power system.
- a baby's bib.
- being, functioning as, or serving as a feeder.
- pertaining to livestock to be fattened for market.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.