Meaning of expedient
Pronunciation: (ik-spē'dē-unt), [key]
- tending to promote some proposed or desired object; fit or suitable for the purpose; proper under the circumstances: It is expedient that you go.
- conducive to advantage or interest, as opposed to right.
- acting in accordance with expediency.
- a means to an end: The ladder was a useful expedient for getting to the second floor.
- a means devised or employed in an exigency; resource; shift: Use any expedients you think necessary to get over the obstacles in your way.
- expedient (Thesaurus)