- 1. expedient, means, agency, way
- usage: a means to an end; not necessarily a principled or ethical one
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. expedient (vs. inexpedient), advantageous, opportunist, opportunistic, timeserving, carpetbag, carpetbagging, advantageous, convenient, politic, useful#1, utile
- usage: serving to promote your interest; "was merciful only when mercy was expedient"
- 2. expedient, politic (vs. impolitic)
- usage: appropriate to a purpose; practical; "in the circumstances it was expedient to express loyalty"
All rights reserved.
See also: expedient (Dictionary)