Meaning of expectation
Pronunciation: (ek"spek-tā'shun), [key]
- the act or the state of expecting: to wait in expectation.
- the act or state of looking forward or anticipating.
- an expectant mental attitude: a high pitch of expectation.
- something expected; a thing looked forward to.
- Often,a prospect of future good or profit: to have great expectations.
- the degree of probability that something will occur: There is little expectation that he will come.
- the state of being expected: a large sum of money in expectation.
- expectation (Thesaurus)