WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. expectation, outlook, prospect, belief
- usage: belief about (or mental picture of) the future
- 2. anticipation, expectation, hopefulness
- usage: anticipating with confidence of fulfillment
- 3. expectation, feeling
- usage: the feeling that something is about to happen
- 4. arithmetic mean, first moment, expectation, expected value, mean, mean value
- usage: the sum of the values of a random variable divided by the number of values
All rights reserved.
See also: expectation (Dictionary)