Meaning of exhibit
Pronunciation: (ig-zib'it), [key]
- to offer or expose to view; present for inspection: to exhibit the latest models of cars.
- to manifest or display: to exhibit anger; to exhibit interest.
- to place on show: to exhibit paintings.
- to make manifest; explain.
- to submit (a document, object, etc.) in evidence in a court of law.
- to administer (something) as a remedy.
- to make or give an exhibition; present something to public view.
- an act or instance of exhibiting; exhibition.
- something that is exhibited.
- an object or a collection of objects shown in an exhibition, fair, etc.
- a document or object exhibited in court and referred to and identified in written evidence.
- exhibit (Thesaurus)