Meaning of exemplary
Pronunciation: (ig-zem'plu-rē, eg'zum-pler"ē), [key]
- worthy of imitation; commendable: exemplary conduct.
- serving as a warning: an exemplary penalty.
- serving as an illustration or specimen; illustrative; typical: The sentences read are exemplary of the style of the essay as a whole.
- serving as a model or pattern: The authoritative and exemplary text of the work is in the Bodleian Library at Oxford University.
- of, pertaining to, or composed of exempla: the exemplary literature of the medieval period.
- exemplary (Thesaurus)