WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exemplary, model(prenominal), worthy (vs. unworthy)
- usage: worthy of imitation; "exemplary behavior"; "model citizens"
- 2. emblematic, exemplary, typic, typical (vs. atypical)
- usage: being or serving as an illustration of a type; "the free discussion that is emblematic of democracy"; "an action exemplary of his conduct";
- 3. admonitory, cautionary, exemplary, monitory, warning(prenominal), dissuasive (vs. persuasive)
- usage: serving to warn; "shook a monitory finger at him"; "an exemplary jail sentence"
All rights reserved.
See also: exemplary (Dictionary)