exception: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ik-sep'shun), [key]
- the act of excepting or the fact of being excepted.
- something excepted; an instance or case not conforming to the general rule.
- an adverse criticism, esp. on a particular point; opposition of opinion; objection; demurral: a statement liable to exception.
- saving an exception.
- an objection, as to a ruling of the court in the course of a trial.
- a notation that an objection is preserved for purposes of appeal:saving an exception.
- They took exception to several points in the contract.
- to make an objection; demur:They took exception to several points in the contract.
- to take offense:She took exception to what I said about her brother.
- exception (Thesaurus)