WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exception, exclusion, elision, omission
- usage: a deliberate act of omission; "with the exception of the children, everyone was told the news"
- 2. exception, example, illustration, instance, representative
- usage: an instance that does not conform to a rule or generalization; "all her children were brilliant; the only exception was her last child"; "an exception tests the rule"
- 3. exception, objection
- usage: grounds for adverse criticism; "his authority is beyond exception"
All rights reserved.
See also: exception (Dictionary)