Meaning of elevator
Pronunciation: (el'u-vā"tur), [key]
- a person or thing that elevates or raises.
- a moving platform or cage for carrying passengers or freight from one level to another, as in a building.
- any of various mechanical devices for raising objects or materials.
- a building in which grain is stored and handled by means of mechanical elevator and conveyor devices.
- a hinged horizontal surface on an airplane or the like, used to control the longitudinal inclination and usually placed at the tail end of the fuselage.
- elevator (Thesaurus)