effort: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ef'urt), [key]
- exertion of physical or mental power: It will take great effort to achieve victory.
- an earnest or strenuous attempt: an effort to keep to the schedule.
- something done by exertion or hard work: I thought it would be easy, but it was an effort.
- an achievement, as in literature or art: The painting is one of his finest efforts.
- the amount of exertion expended for a specified purpose: the war effort.
- an organized community drive or achievement.
- a fund-raising drive.
- the force or energy that is applied to a machine for the accomplishment of useful work.
- effort (Thesaurus)