eastern: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ē'sturn), [key]
- lying toward or situated in the east: the eastern half of the island.
- directed or proceeding toward the east: an eastern route.
- coming from the east: an eastern wind.
- (often cap.) of or pertaining to the East in the U.S.: an eastern Congressman.
- (cap.) of or pertaining to the Eastern Church or to any of the churches comprising it.
- (usually cap.) Oriental.
- (usually cap.) (formerly) of or pertaining to the Soviet Union and its allies.
- eastern (Thesaurus)