WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. eastern, east (vs. west)
- usage: lying toward or situated in the east; "the eastern end of the island"
- 2. eastern (vs. western), east-central, middle Atlantic, mid-Atlantic, northeastern, southeastern
- usage: of or characteristic of eastern regions of the United States; "the Eastern establishment"
- 3. easterly, eastern, east (vs. west)
- usage: lying in or toward the east; "the east side of New York"; "eastern cities"
- 4. eastern (vs. western), oriental
- usage: relating to or characteristic of regions of eastern parts of the world; "Eastern Europe"; "the Eastern religions"
- 5. easterly, eastern, east (vs. west)
- usage: from the east; used especially of winds; "an eastern wind"; "the winds are easterly"
All rights reserved.
See also: eastern (Dictionary)