Meaning of dragon
Pronunciation: (drag'un), [key]
- a mythical monster generally represented as a huge, winged reptile with crested head and enormous claws and teeth, and often spouting fire.
- a huge serpent or snake.
- a large animal, possibly a large snake or crocodile.
- a fierce, violent person.
- a very watchful and strict woman.
- any of several araceous plants, as Arisaema dracontiumthe flowers of which have a long, slender spadix and a green, shorter spathe.
- a short musket carried by a mounted infantryman in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- a soldier armed with such a musket.
- (cap.)the constellation Draco.
- dragon (Thesaurus)