Meaning of diversion
Pronunciation: (di-vûr'zhun, -shun, dī-), [key]
- the act of diverting or turning aside, as from a course or purpose: a diversion of industry into the war effort.
- a channel made to divert the flow of water from one course to another or to direct the flow of water draining from a piece of ground.
- a detour on a highway or road.
- distraction from business, care, etc.; recreation; amusement; a pastime: Movies are his favorite diversion.
- a feint intended to draw off attention from the point of main attack.
- diversion (Thesaurus)